Assignments

Image Transfer

Activism in Art

Album Cover

2 New Images

2 New Images

Exhibition Poster

1. LaToya Ruby Frasier’s Grandma Ruby and Me (2005)

https://www.moma.org/magazine/articles/256

This inspires me because I feel that it is so raw and I want to do something like this.

Self-Portraits by Women Artists | Magazine | MoMA

2. Norman Reeff

www.holdenluntz.com/artists/norman-seeff/robert-mapplethorpe-and-patti-smith-new-york-1969-patti-with-cigarette/

I like how it looks natural and there is so much to look at.

Robert Mapplethorpe and Patti Smith, New York, 1969, Patti with Cigarette - Holden Luntz Gallery

3. Pattie Boyd

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2022/nov/01/george-eric-and-me-pattie-boyd-on-her-favourite-images-in-pictures

I want to do portraits like this.

George, Eric and me: Pattie Boyd on her favourite images – in pictures | Art and design | The Guardian

4. Andy Warhol

Warhol The Photographer: 7 Photographs and Portraits by Andy Warhol

I like to take pictures of my animals so maybe I could take some like this

Warhol The Photographer: 7 Photographs and Portraits by Andy Warhol - Revolver Gallery

5. Jack Bridgland

https://theagents.club/jack-bridgland

I love how saturated the colors are just like most of his photos and I think I would want to try it because it pops out so much.

Jack Bridgland | The Agents Club

12/8/23

11/3/23

10/6/23

9/29/23

9/22/23

Recreation Image:

Recreated

9/15/23

1. Jesus Helguera

Medium: Oil paint

Style: His artworks expressed Latino culture and his painting were mainly depicting a romance or the beauty of women.

Opinion: I think that his artwork is very beautiful, the colors are so alive and make everything so much happier and full of life.

2. Frida Kahlo

Medium: Oil paint and watercolor

Style: Her artworks consisted self-portraits or portraits of others. They were surreal as well as motivational and cultural.

Opinion: I personally think that her artworks are beautiful and I think they have a lot of meaning behind them, I also love how she uses so much color and her style is so unique.

3. Diego Rivera

Medium: acrylic paint, oil paint (sometimes mixed with sand or sawdust to make thicker)

Style: his paintings were all about the Mexican culture and daily life. Some of his paintings were movement pieces for Mexican muralists.

Opinion: I think that his paintings are great, some times he can make paintings that are not as detailed but are still nice to look at and they still make you feel something and there are also other paints and murals that he makes that are extremely detailed and I feel like you can always find something new.

4. Linda McCartney

Medium: black-and-white photos, intimate photos, emotional photos

Style: her photos are all surrealist and sketched, Her photographs are about daily life.

Opinion: I like her photos, they feel so real to me and I think they are interesting because I personally love her and the Beatles so seeing her photograph her life or the Beatles as well as other things is nice to look at and I also like how his photographs are in black-and-white.

5. Cindy Sherman

Medium: self-portraits

Style: her photographs consisted of being seductive, colorful, and feminist

Opinion: I personally think that her photographs are beautiful and I think they are interesting to see. They also feel si mysterious and intimate which I think is engaging.

6. Nan Goldin

Medium: photography

Style: portraits/self-portraits

Opinion: I enjoy looking at her photographs because they feel so real and in the moment and it does not looked forced, it looks as if you are there yourself.

7. Vivian Maier

Medium: photography

Style: portraits

Opinion: Her photographs are unique and i Like how diverse her photographs are, they are always different and they don’t feel the same or repetitive.

8. Rosa Bonheur

Medium: oil painting, watercolor, and printmaking

Style: Animalier realism, her artworks at her time was considered to be painting by a man since they were so fierce.

Opinion: Bonheur’s paintings are really interesting to see, they are not what women of that time period were categorized to paint. I like her style of painting animals and how detailed her artworks were especially with her backgrounds not just the animals themselves.

9. Salvador Dali

Medium: sculptures, photography, paintings

Style: Surrealism, cubism, modern art,

Opinion:

10. Claude Monet

Medium: watercolors, pastels, and oils

Style:

Opinion:

9/14/23 

9/8/23       Surrealism Project

Oil painting by Kristen Kwan

This oil painting by Kristen Kwan inspired me to make my project. I got inspired from this because I thought it was interesting how you can add certain objects to other things, even if they are not quite related in ways and make them into something unique. I like the way they blend into each other and the way the colors compliment each other nicely. I wanted to do something strange and random as well to see if I could make it work.

9/28/23

1.What are aperture, shutter speed and ISO?

Aperture is a hole in the camera that controls how much light is going into the camera and how much focus you want to be in your picture, depending on where you are taking a photograph you control how much light is able to go in it. Shutter speed is how fast the camera is going to take the photo. The ISO is the image quality of the picture and helps with the lighting conditions.

2. When would you need to change your ISO?

You would need to change you ISO when your trying to get the correct lighting quality for your photograph. You use lower quality when in bright light but higher quality when there is not a lot of light to work with.

3. What is aperture and shutter priority settings?

Aperture priority is when you set an aperture value and the camera will vary the exposure settings so that your photograph can have a good amount of lighting. Shutter priority is like aperture priority where you can set it and have full control over it while the camera changes all its settings so that it will end up good. With shutter priority it is best used when there are fast moving subjects.

4. What are AF modes how do you change them?

AF modes are autofocus modes which include one-shot AF, Servo AF,  and AI autofocus. The one-shot AF is when the focus is locked on its subject and will stay that as long as you keep your finger pressed lightly down on the shutter-release. Servo AF is best used for sports and fast moving objects because it constantly refocuses. AI autofocus is when the camera is allowed the ability to change if the object is static or moving.

5. Why do your need to meter the light to get the right exposure?

You need to meter the light to get the right exposure because depending on what you are shooting your pictures can turn out too light or too dark.

6. What is the difference between a normal, wide angle and telephoto lens?

A normal lens is the typical view, wide angle shows more in the picture, and telephoto gives multiple lengths of photo.

7. What is white balance and why would you need to change it?

White balance is adjusting the color so the photo looks more natural.

8. What is depth of field and what is the difference between shallow and good?

Depth of field is the distance of how close each object is and the focus on them. Shallow is when only one thing is in focus and good depth of field is where everything is in focus.

9. What are drive modes and metering modes?

Drive modes are the different modes in your camera and metering modes are the different modes a camera can alter it’s exposure.

10. What is exposure compensation?

Exposure compensation is when you can change the exposure itself based on your image.